I had the privilege of attending St. George’s 2010 Oktoberfest last week: a celebration of fall, food, fellowship, and fermented beverages. The Fellowship of St. George is a regional men’s group, for lack of a better definition. The food and drink were outstanding, and I thought I would share the home-cooked menu course by course.
1. Citrus aioli with beer-battered asparagus and broccoli paired with Southern Tier 2xIPA and 1809 Berliner Weisse.
2. Coconut curry Thai chicken paired with Avery Maharaja Imperial IPA.
3. Beef and Guinness stew paired with J.W. Lees Moonraker and Olde Suffolk English Ale.
4. Venison and black bean chili with toasted cumin creme fraiche and white cheddar cornbread paired with Sierra Nevada’s 30th Anniversary Ken & Jack Barleywine.
5. Grilled venison medallions with wild mushroom tomato bordelaise paired with Southern Tier Creme Brulee Imperial Milk Stout.
6. Jack Daniels bread pudding paired with Caracole Nostradamus.